Study in Aix-en-Provence, France
Aix Marseille University / IAU College - CEA
Voted by the French as "the most desired French town to live in," Aix-en-Provence is graced with numerous fountains, narrow winding streets, and beautiful old buildings. Though small, Aix is equipped with all the modern facilities of a larger city and is bustling with life and amazing ambiance.
Taste the cuisine provençale at local markets, discover many international restaurants, and engage in the favorite Aixois activity, people-watching, from Les Deux Garçons, the favorite café of Paul Cézanne and Emile Zola. Get away to Paris on only a three-hour train ride. Explore the city's vibrant nightlife and shop the elegant boutiques and foires aux artisans, open-air markets where French artists display their work.
Aix Marseille University | Aix-en-Provence, France | Immerse yourself in French student life on the campus of the Aix Marseille University, regarded as one of the best French-language teaching centers in the country. Explore French culture and language in the classroom alongside other courses in literature and history.
IAU College | Aix-en-Provence, France | At IAU College, courses are available in English and French for students of all levels. Principle areas of study are French language, humanities, social sciences, education, and the arts.
- International Internship
- Studio Art
- Liberal Arts
Aix Marseille University
- French Language and Culture
Semester Program Costs
Cosponsor Program Cost
Find it on their website
UMD Study Abroad Fee
UMD Internet Access Fee
Subtract the Cosponsor Discount
ESTIMATED NET COST
= EST. TOTAL COST
- View detailed information regarding calculating program costs.
- Compare this program cost to UMD's cost of attendance for an academic year.
- If you do not see a cost estimate for the semester/term you intend to go abroad, the cost has not yet been determined. Please note cost estimates and fees may change depending on international economic factors. UMD Study Abroad delays the posting of final fees until enrollments, inflation, and exchange rates are determined in order to provide students with the most accurate pricing. We strive to post final fees by October 1 for Spring programs, March 1 for May/Summer programs, and May 1 for Fall and Academic year programs.
Consult with One Stop to see how financial aid can apply to study abroad
- Receive guidance about all things money related
- Ask for estimates and budget samples
- Learn when and how financial aid is disbursed
- Ask about other scholarship opportunities & loan info
Plan your budget
Download this Study Abroad Budget Planning Form to estimate costs. Create duplicates to compare this program with others.
- Get a passport. It takes 6 weeks to receive your passport. Make sure your passport expiration date lasts at least 6 months after your program ends
- Learn about visa or resident permit requirements on the cosponsor (or UMTC) website (as applicable)
- Roundtrip airfare should only be purchased after official acceptance from the foreign university
How to Apply
A $50 non-refundable application fee will be billed to your One Stop account upon submission of your online application. Provide the following program info when you apply:
Center Name: UMD Study Abroad
Education Abroad Term: (Fall/Spring/Academic year etc.)
Program Name: Cosponsored Aix-en-Provence, France (select the appropriate track)
After you apply
- You will receive an email confirmation with a link to your application checklist
- Follow instructions for submitting your checklist items on time
- Your UMD study abroad program coordinator will review your application and monitor the progress of your checklist
- Your program coordinator (or short-term program leader) will confirm your acceptance
- Once accepted, you must complete a confirmation checklist to confirm your participation
- Once we receive your confirmation, your account will be billed
If you decide to cancel, you must login to the application system and submit a “Cancel Request.” Note: If you cancel, you are responsible for any nonrecoverable cosponsor costs (application fees, deposits etc.) Contact the cosponsor for further information or any questions.
UMD Program Contact
Contact Jerolyn Bruns, the Study Abroad Program Coordinator for any questions about this program.
Cultural Experience Abroad (CEA) is an affiliate program provider that we have partnered with to cosponsor study abroad programs in locations all over the globe. If you participate in this program, your grades abroad will factor into your UMD GPA, you’ll receive resident credit and your course grades will appear on your transcript.
UMD Study Abroad
UMD 138 Kirby Plaza
1208 Kirby Drive
Duluth MN 55812
(218) 726 8764 or (877) 755-4200
Program health and safety information is available at GO SAFE.