Study in Barcelona, Spain
Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB)
Located on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea, Barcelona is one of Europe’s oldest cities. Yet, it boasts cutting-edge style, cuisine, and culture, as well as some of the most amazing architecture in the world. When the weather is warm, head down to the Olympic Village or the beach to work on your tan. Cheer on the soccer team, Barça, in a match at Camp Nou, or grab a bite at one of the city’s numerous tapas restaurants. Barcelona’s fast and efficient public transportation system will make it easy for you to explore every corner of this amazing city.
Barcelona’s architecture ranges from medieval to surreal, sometimes on the same block. From the centuries-old Gothic Quarter to the sophisticated, tree-lined boulevards of the Eixample, Barcelona’s architecture reflects vastly different styles and eras. Be sure to grab a bite at one of the city’s numerous tapas restaurants. Barcelona’s fast and efficient public transportation system will make it easy for you to explore every corner of this amazing city.
Semester Program Costs
Cosponsored program fees can be determined by:
Cosponsor Program Cost
Find it on their website
UMD Study Abroad Fee
UMD Internet Access Fee
Subtract the Cosponsor Discount
ESTIMATED NET COST
| = EST. TOTAL COST
- View detailed information regarding calculating program costs.
- Compare this program cost to UMD's cost of attendance for an academic year.
- If you do not see a cost estimate for the semester/term you intend to go abroad, the cost has not yet been determined. Please note cost estimates and fees may change depending on international economic factors. UMD Study Abroad delays the posting of final fees until enrollments, inflation, and exchange rates are determined in order to provide students with the most accurate pricing. We strive to post final fees by October 1 for Spring programs, March 1 for May/Summer programs, and May 1 for Fall and Academic year programs.
Consult with One Stop to see how financial aid can apply to study abroad
- Receive guidance about all things money related
- Ask for estimates and budget samples
- Learn when and how financial aid is disbursed
- Ask about other scholarship opportunities & loan info
(Note: study abroad program credits cannon be used in tuition banding)
Plan Your Budget
Download this Study Abroad Budget Planning Form to estimate costs. Create duplicates to compare this program with others.
Travel & Documents
- Get a passport as it can take 6 weeks to receive it. Make sure your passport expiration date lasts at least 6 months after your program ends
- Learn about visa requirements on the cosponsor web page.
- Roundtrip airfare should only be purchased after official acceptance from the foreign university
How to Apply
A $50 non-refundable application fee will be billed to your One Stop account upon submission of your online application. Provide the following program info when you apply:
Center Name: UMD Study Abroad
Education Abroad Term: (Fall/Spring/Academic year etc.)
Program Name: Study in Barcelona, Spain - ASA
After you apply
- You will receive an email confirmation with a link to your application checklist
- Follow instructions for submitting your checklist items on time
- Your UMD study abroad program coordinator will review your application and monitor the progress of your checklist
- Your program coordinator (or short-term program leader) will confirm your acceptance
- Once accepted, you must complete a confirmation checklist to confirm your participation
- Once we receive your confirmation, your account will be billed
If you decide to cancel, you must login to the application system and submit a “Cancel Request.” Note: If you cancel, you are responsible for any nonrecoverable cosponsor costs (application fees, deposits etc.) Contact the cosponsor for further information or any questions.
UMD Program Contact
Contact Levi Drevlow, the Study Abroad Program Coordinator for any questions about this program.
Academic Studies Abroad (ASA) is an Affiliate program provider that we have partnered with to offer study abroad locations all over the globe. If you participate in this program, your grades abroad will factor into your UMD GPA, you’ll receive resident credit and your course grades will appear on your transcript.
UMD Study Abroad
UMD 138 Kirby Plaza,
1208 Kirby Drive
Duluth MN 55812
(218) 726 8764 or (877) 755-4200
Program health and safety information is available at GO SAFE