Study in London, England
Richmond, the American International University in London
Stay for a semester or a year in one of Europe’s biggest and most cosmopolitan cities. Central London is just outside your door when you are living in residence halls in South Kensington. You’ll be steps from Kensington Palace, the Royal Albert Hall, and Hyde Park.
Samuel Johnson (an English poet and writer) once said, "When one is tired of London, one is tired of life, for there is in London all that life can afford." Hop on the Tube (the London subway) and visit Covent Garden, Camden Market, or Piccadilly Circus. Stop at a pub for traditional fish and chips, then see a Shakespearean play at the Globe Theatre or peruse Harrods, one of London's most famous department stores. Take in some of the world's finest works of art at the National Gallery and then watch the sunset at Trafalgar Square while listening to street musicians.
Richmond, the American International University in London program is designed for students who wish to take courses offered in a broad range of academic disciplines. Choose from over 750 courses including London Core courses which relate specifically to the history, art, architecture, culture, economics, and politics of Britain and make special use of the resources available in London.
Semester Program Costs
Cosponsor Program Cost
Find it on their website
UMD Study Abroad Fee
| + $1750
UMD Internet Access Fee
Subtract the Cosponsor Discount
| - $500
ESTIMATED NET COST
= EST. TOTAL COST
- View detailed information regarding calculating program costs.
- Compare this program cost to UMD's cost of attendance for an academic year.
- If you do not see a cost estimate for the semester/term you intend to go abroad, the cost has not yet been determined. Please note cost estimates and fees may change depending on international economic factors. UMD Study Abroad delays the posting of final fees until enrollments, inflation, and exchange rates are determined in order to provide students with the most accurate pricing. We strive to post final fees by October 1 for Spring programs, March 1 for May/Summer programs, and May 1 for Fall and Academic year programs.
Consult with One Stop to see how financial aid can apply to study abroad
- Receive guidance about all things money related
- Ask for estimates and budget samples
- Learn when and how financial aid is disbursed
- Ask about other scholarship opportunities & loan info
(Note: study abroad program credits cannot be used in tuition banding.)
Plan your budget
Download this Study Abroad Budget Planning Form to estimate costs. Create duplicates to compare this program with others.
- Get a passport. It takes 6 weeks to receive your passport. Make sure your passport expiration date lasts at least 6 months after your program ends
- Learn about visa requirements on the cosponsor (or UMTC) web page
- Roundtrip airfare should only be purchased after official acceptance from the foreign university
How to Apply
A $50 non-refundable application fee will be billed to your One Stop account upon submission of your online application. Provide the following program info when you apply:
Center Name: UMD Study Abroad
Education Abroad Term: (Fall/Spring/Academic year etc.)
Program Name: Cosponsored London, England (select your track if applicable)
After you apply
- You will receive an email confirmation with a link to your application checklist
- Follow instructions for submitting your checklist items on time
- Your UMD study abroad program coordinator will review your application and monitor the progress of your checklist
- Your program coordinator (or short-term program leader) will confirm your acceptance
- Once accepted, you must complete a confirmation checklist to confirm your participation
- Once we receive your confirmation, your account will be billed
If you decide to cancel, you must login to the application system and submit a “Cancel Request.” Note: If you cancel, you are responsible for any nonrecoverable cosponsor costs (application fees, deposits etc.) Contact the cosponsor for further information or any questions.
UMD Study Abroad Contact
Contact Levi Drevlow, the Study Abroad Program Coordinator for any questions about this program.
UMD Study Abroad
UMD 138 Kirby Plaza
1208 Kirby Drive
Duluth MN 55812
(218) 726 8764 or (877) 755-4200
Program health and safety information is available at GO SAFE.